If your lips often dry and you do want to make your very own lip balm, to be exact—a coconut and lime lip balm, the following could be useful then.
Ingredients to make a 40g (1.25 Oz) coconut and lime lip balm
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp shea nut butter
- 1 tsp almond oil
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 4 drops lime essential oil
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
How to Make
- Heat the ingredients (i.e. coconut oil, shea nut butter, almond oil, and beeswax) in a bain-marie until the wax has melted. Once that achieved, you will need to remove it from the heat. Here is an article on how to make a balm.
- Add the essential oils as the balm cools and mix well.
- Pour into a sterilised jar and leave to cool for about 1 hour before placing the lid on. It is advisable to store in a cool, dark place and you may keep for use up to 3 months.
How to Apply
Whenever your lips are dry and in need of moisture, it can also be applied before bed to help lips to retain moisture as you sleep. This coconut and lime lip balm is suitable for all skin type.
The chosen ingredients are all with their merits:
Coconut oil, shea nut butter, and almond oil serve to condition and nourish the lips
Beeswax functions to form a protective layer on the delicate skin thus helping the lips to retain water and remain hydrated and smooth.
The fruity lime and lemon essential oils smell delicious and refreshing and have a mild anti-microbial effect.
I hope you enjoy the process of making your very own coconut and lime lip balm and do share it with your friends!